Opening of Centenary Jubilee of St. Michael’s School
St. Michael’s School, Sale, Mahuadanr
Dec. 20, 2012 was a new chapter in the history of St. Michael’s School in Sale — a day of great rejoicing and thanksgiving for the lights it lit in the minds and hearts of thousands of students in the course of its 100 years s service in education. Marianne Puthoor, SCN, the education coordinator of the Province declared the centenary celebration opened, by reading from the scroll. There after an oil lamp was lit by the dignitaries including Rev. Peter John S.J. of Mahuadarn. The chief guest Rev. Francis Kurian S.J., provincial of Hazaribagh Jesuit hoisted the St. Michael’s School Flag and unveiled a Statue of St. Michael. It was blessed by Rev. Bartholomeo, the PP of Sale parish and vicar general of the Daltonganj Diocese. Keeping with the meaning of Jubilee, to mark this great event Rev. Antony Xavier, PP, of Garu parish and Anjana Kunnath, SCN, set free doves which took to the sky amidst clapping of hands and cheering of 1500 students, staff and invited guests. After this there was a concelebrated Holy Mass. The marvelous day ended with a short cultural program and banquet. Various programs are planned for throughout the jubilee year which will conclude with a larger celebration some time in 2013.