To sign up, please contact:
Sister Luke Boiarski, Director
SCN Lay Mission Volunteer Programs
P.O. Box 9 Nazareth, Kentucky 40048
Phone: 502-348-1581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $1,500 includes round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY; lodging and food; all activities and excursions. It does not include personal purchases or optional travel insurance.
- A current passport is necessary with expiration date no more than 6 months from date of travel.
- Participants must be able to walk some distances.
- Participants need to be prepared for the heat and sun of the tropics.
- Participants must be able to handle their own luggage.
- Participants are encouraged to read “Belize: A Novel” by Carlos Ledson Miller, available in libraries and bookstores.
- The trip is open to 12 registrants only. (Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated).
- A non-refundable deposit of $750.00 is due on or before October 15, 2012. The remaining $750.00 is due by November 15, 2012.
￼What Will We Be About?
We will focus on meeting people, learning about other cultures, making friends and sharing faith, while we work side-by-side with people in need.
We will be working with local residents in Las Flores for home and school repairs. We will work in collaboration with our Sisters in Las Flores, Belize. Las Flores is located approximately 33 miles northwest of Belize City.
Expand Your Horizons
There is a saying in Belize that once you drink the water, you will return again and again and again…For the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and their associates, the above adage is the truth.
The SCN ministry and presence began in Belize with Sister Mary Lynn Fields. In 1975, Mary Lynn heard the call to go to Belize. Today ten SCNs and over 30 local SCN Associates serve with the people of Belize.
Belize, a beautiful Caribbean land with a population of 280,000, is located southeast of Mexico in Central America. Belize is a land of many cultures, the earliest being that of the great Mayan dynasties.