Two of the men who care for the grounds at Nazareth, Ray Ralston and Jerry Hurst, cleaned to a sparkling white the marble plaque that has marked Mother Catherine Spalding’s grave since 1858. On December 5, 2017, the plaque and the stone on which it rests were placed in the Motherhouse church near the statue of our patron, St. John, the Apostle. Fr. Gary Young with SCNs Sarah Ferriell, Frances Krumpelman, and all assembled for Mass that day blessed the historic stone now resting in our midst as we pray and offer Eucharist each day.
Photo by Valerie Miller, SCN
Note: Mother Catherine was serving her eighth and final term as Mother Superior when St. Vincent de Paul Church was completed and consecrated in 1854.