Nazareth Retreat Center
Job Title: Director
Reports to: Liaison to SCN, Inc.
FLSA Status: Exempt
The strategic priorities for the Retreat Center are:
- Provide programs and services that reflect the mission and values of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and meet the needs of those seeking time and space for spiritual growth
- Expand awareness of programs and services among a constituency that aligns with the mission and values and
- Financial sustainability that includes implementation of advancement strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Implement policies and practices published in the Guidelines for Congregational Ministries
- Coordinate, prepare and submit corporate reporting and communication with the Western Province Board and SCN, Inc.
- Provide leadership and facilitate growth of the Retreat Center and maintain its mission in partnership with the Advisory Committee
- Prepare agenda and meeting materials for quarterly meetings of Advisory Committee and small working groups/sub-committees
- Develop and implement the three-year Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Associate Director, staff and Advisory Committee
- Carry out, review and propose changes to Retreat Center policies. All changes in policy are reviewed and approved by the Advisory Committee.
Sponsored and Hosted Programs
- Provide an atmosphere of hospitality for hosted and sponsored groups
- Schedule all sponsored retreat offerings, stay in contact with all guest presenters, ensure good communication, proper contracting, stipend, feedback and evaluation
- Develop and offer or coordinate retreats on campus, off campus and online
- Coordinate or offer one-on-one Spiritual Direction
- Ensure physical space is properly prepared for groups
- Assist as necessary with program registration process
- Administer regular evaluations for programs
- Share on-call responsibilities for retreats with Associate Director and staff
- Build partnerships and network with community leaders and other organizations to promote Nazareth Retreat Center’s mission, programs
- Maintain communication with Nazareth Campus Service Directors of Maintenance, Housekeeping, Food Service, Technology and Grounds in collaboration with the Associate Director and staff
- Coordinate needed repairs with Nazareth Campus Service
- Explore/coordinate needed upgrades for guest rooms with Nazareth Campus Service
Mission Advancement/Donor Relations
- Oversee marketing efforts including email marketing, MailChimp, website management, social media and brochures
- Build positive relationships and make strategic connections to cultivate donors
- Prepare and submit grant applications including annual request to SCN Ministry Fund
- Maintain communication with the Office of Mission Advancement for donor relations and Western Province Communications Director for media relations
- Prepare annual operating budget in collaboration with Advisory Committee
- Monitor income and manage expenses within budget guidelines
- Ensure that all income and expense receipts are submitted to the bookkeeper
- Review monthly financial reports as submitted to the Province Office of Finance Administration
- Provide Advisory Committee with financial reports quarterly
- Staff and volunteers of the Retreat Center
- Master’s Degree in Theology, preferred
- Bachelor degree in related field required
- Understanding of non-profit administration
- Embrace mission/vision of Nazareth Retreat Center and the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth
- Experience working with a retreat center, preferred
- Openness to and respect for spirituality from diverse traditions and cultures
- Willingness to meet diverse needs of the Retreat Center
- Attentive to one’s own spiritual life, grounded in prayer and spirituality
- good communication skills and sense of hospitality with individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Meets deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentations
- Flexible – ability to adjust to schedule changes
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, e-mail marketing (MailChimp), website, Facebook and other social media
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Michelle Grgurich, SCN
Director, Office of Congregational Ministries
PO Box 247
Nazareth, KY 40048
Vincentian Home - Pastoral Care Manager
Pastoral Care Manager, Full-time
The Pastoral Care Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a continuum of pastoral care services available for meeting the needs of residents and families. To assist in better meeting these needs the Pastoral Care Manager supports and works with the pastoral care team.
- Required Skills:
- Consult with administration, especially in areas of policy formation. Keep
- VCS and facility administration updated on pastoral care team and religious activities.
- Collaborates with Human Resources in areas including recruitment, orientation, training, staff development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and policies and procedures.
- Implement a continuum of pastoral services for residents including
- Eucharistic liturgies, the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick, distribution of the Eucharist to the room bound, and other religious activities and services including those appropriate to all denominations.
- Develop annual goals and objectives in discussion with the Administrator, the VCS VP of Mission Integration and in collaboration with the Pastoral Care Managers of the VCS Facilities.
- Supervision of the members of the pastoral care team through monthly meetings. Work with the members of the pastoral care team and the activities department for coordination of services.
- Recruit new volunteers and provide training, and ongoing development
- Provide documentation on all pastoral care for charting on the resident’s daily participation record.
- Perform initial assessment to determine the spiritual needs and wishes of the residents.
- Conduct and document visits with residents.
- Make visits to residents in local hospitals when the need arises and the schedule permits.
- Pray with residents who are seriously ill and dying; provide support and assistance to the families when a resident is dying; be available to speak to residents/families/employees regarding spiritual issues, coping skills, death, grief.
- Conduct “Final Farewell” services upon the death of a resident and attend wakes or funerals when duties permit.
- Responsible for chapel maintenance, all supplies, reimbursements and the schedule for Clergy, Eucharistic Ministers, and the liturgy intentions.
- Maintain a library of books, magazines, videos, cd’s and other spiritual materials that would benefit residents, families, staff and volunteers.
- Provide for ministry on weekends and holidays as needed.
For more information or to apply: visit vcs.org/careers or call Amber at 412-548-4066.