On June 11, 1822, the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth moved from St. Thomas farm to their current location three miles north of Bardstown. There they built a new school and Motherhouse on the site they christened Nazareth. The original site covered 237 acres. Over the years land was added and sold, new buildings erected, and old ones demolished. Today, the campus encompasses over 300 acres and more than 20 buildings.