The Executive Committee meetings continue in Mokama, India. Those taking part in the meetings began the morning with prayer led by Susan Gatz, SCN. In part those present prayed:
Our spirits watch for the potent moment, Loving God,
and in the midst of this gathering You are a throbbing presence.
We come with open minds and hearts
to accomplish the work of this day.
All of us are here.
All of us are ready.
Today the Executive Committee:
- had the joy of receiving requests for perpetual vows from 8 Sisters in the Eastern Province and 1 Sister in the Western Province, requests for first vows
- from 7 Sisters in the Eastern Province and requests for reception into the novitiate from 9 pre-novices.
- rejoiced in all the care-filled ministry and vibrant community life that is happening as they heard reports from the Eastern and Western Provinces.
- reviewed the recommendations for ministry funding from the Congregational Ministry Funding Network and the SCN Ministry Fund Committee.
- met by Skype with Patsy O’Toole who gave the Office of Congregational Advancement report.
Members of leadership are grateful for the prayer of the SCN family and assure the community of their prayer as well.