We, the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth Family
affirm that water is a fundamental,
inalienable human right.
Earth’s freshwater is limited and essential
for a just and sustainable world.
Water, as a human right and a common good,
cannot be bought, sold or traded
as a commodity.
Therefore, we will study and support actions and policies that:
- ensure access to sufficient, safe and affordable water for all people, especially women and children in regions suffering currently from scarcity of water;
- protect freshwater as a sustainable, renewable resource.
We will study and oppose actions and policies that:
- endanger/pollute the world’s supply of freshwater;
- deprive humans and other species access to adequate, safe water essential for life;
- privatize and commodify global water resources.