The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth are keeping everyone in prayer during this time of urgency in dealing with the Coronavirus.
Out of concern for the health and safety of all who live, work and visit Nazareth and due to the serious and escalating nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are taking the following steps to protect our Sisters, staff and those who would visit. These steps are also being taken to help curb the spread of the virus as recommended by the CDC.
Given the rapidly evolving health risks associated with COVID-19, general public access to the Motherhouse has been suspended to all areas, including the St. Vincent de Paul Church, Carrico Hall, O’Connell Hall, David Hall, Crimmins Hall, SCN Center, and the Visitor Center.
- Mass at St. Vincent de Paul Church is closed to the public.
- Nazareth Retreat Center programming is suspended at this time.
- The April SCN Associate Gathering is canceled.
- All tours are suspended and the Visitor Center is closed.
- The first Sunday Sessions concert has been postponed.
- Immersion experiences through the SCN Lay Mission Volunteer Program are postponed for the immediate future.
These restrictions are effective beginning March 13, 2020, and will remain in place until further notice.
There are no current cases of COVID-19 within the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. The decision to suspend access to the buildings was made out of an abundance of caution, especially among our vulnerable population.
For information on COVID-19, please see the CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Because this situation is changing rapidly, these steps may evolve and change. Please check back for the most current information.
For information regarding Nazareth Villages and Montessori, please contact these ministries.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or use a tissue. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a closed rubbish bin, and then clean your hands.
- Clean surfaces regularly with disinfectant. For example always clean kitchen benches and work desks.