- Cost: $1,300 includes round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY; lodging and food; all activities and excursions. It does not include personal purchases or optional travel insurance.
- A current passport is necessary.
- Participants must be able to walk some distances.
- Participants need to be prepared for the heat and sun of the tropics.
- Participants must be able to handle their own luggage.
- Participants are encouraged to read “Belize: A Novel” by Carlos Ledson Miller, available in libraries and bookstores.
- The trip is open to 10 registrants only. (Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated).
- A non-refundable deposit of $650 is due on or before September 1, 2010. The remaining $650 is due by October 1, 2010.
Download the Volunteer Ministry Brochure for the 2011 Las Flores, Belize trip.
What Will We Be About?
We will focus on meeting people, learning about other cultures, making friends and sharing faith, while we work side-by-side with people in need.
We will be working with local residents in Las Flores for home and school repairs. We will work in collaboration with our Sisters in Las Flores, Belize. Las Flores is located approximately 33 miles northwest of Belize City.